The Boxtrolls (2014) | Behind the Scenes
via Animation Magazine:
- 1 week; the average amount of time for an animator to complete 3.7 seconds of footage
- 3.5 inches, the cuff-to-cuff measurement of baby Eggs’ sweater (created on an embroidery machine to produce irregular lines, like a hand-knitted garment). His little socks are only ⅝” long
- 4 scenes per week was the goal for each animator
- 14 different fabrics were used in Lord Portley-Rind’s white hat
- 24 kinds of weeds were created for backgrounds by the greens department
- 55 different sculpts of prop cheeses were made; different scale sizes were needed for wide, medium and close shots
i started re-watching TFP and it made me want to draw robotsssss
Haven’t had the time to do any finished work, so here’s a warm-up and another (wip) version of the kelpie.
I’ve received a lot of letters from artists asking to check out their artwork and their blog, and I’ve noticed that a lot of them openly write unhealthy amounts of negative comments about their artwork, it was super depressing, honestly. :(
Confidence plays a very very important role as an artist, it’s what helps us learn and grow without the constant feeling of doubt and jealousy! You are a unique individual who must go down your own unique path, and as scary as it sounds, you can’t rely on others to hold your hand all the way through. You are the only one who can get yourself to where you need to go, and beating up your artwork is not the way! Trust yourself and your abilities to make a change, and you can do anything!!
Love your art, love yourself!
FUCK the Silent Realms. I’m fucking helping Ghiry. Sorry, Zelda, but those Guardians…
instead of link can i just be zelda and sleep for thousands of years yes thank you
Pokemon White/Black. Erm. Can… I be Iris?
Groose. That is all.
Basically I am dead.
Animal Crossing! How pleasant.
Hahaha I’m so dead. World of Warcraft. I’d play a Hunter. xD Shit, all those fucking spider quests. And the Venture Co. Contraptions with those saws hacking at ya…fucking Hell. Game mechanics are weird. Why couldn’t it have been Legend of Zelda, or Pokemon, like the two of those lucky bastards up there? xD
also wow, but id probably be like… a tailor in stormwind or something. im not cut out for adventuring.
TF2. Not big surprise.
Everyone! Kill that robotz! *switch on the shield”
This is it, This is Garuda!
I’ve been looking so long, but couldn’t find the right bird, was never satisfied, but here he is. Guess he’s not red after all, but I love this more.